Chiropractic for Pregnancy in Porirua NZ?
Have you considered chiropractic care in Porirua NZ for pregnancy? The physical stress of pregnancy can lead to a great deal of discomfort, and it's common for women to complain of a lot of lower back pain while pregnant.
According to the New Zealander Pregnancy Association, 50-70% of pregnant women experience lower back pain at some point during their pregnancy. The back pain generally peaks around the third trimester because this is when the baby gains the most weight.
During pregnancy, a woman’s body must undergo a number of different changes to accommodate the growing baby. Due to the weight that is gained, a mother’s center of gravity moves from its natural position, shifting to the front of her pelvis. This can add stress and discomfort to the lower back and various joints in the pelvis.
Added Stress as Pregnancy Progresses in Porirua NZ
Throughout the pregnancy, as the baby grows, the mother gains more weight, adding to the stress on the lower back and increasing the lordotic curvature of her lower back. If the sufferer already has a history of lower back problems there is a good chance that the pregnancy will aggravate the condition. This may lead to difficulty performing daily routines such as dressing or working and can create complications during labor.
Stress on the lower back can create many more additional problems. Issues such as leg cramps, abdominal cramping, constipation, and more have been reported.
Do you want to:
- Be as strong and balanced as possible to carry the pregnancy?
- Give your baby a better chance of being in the optimal position for birthing?
- Assure optimal biomechanics of the hips and spine in hope of decreasing
labour time & reducing the need for intervention during the birth process?
- Reduce aches and pains associated with an increased load on your body?
If you would like to learn more about chiropractic care from Chiropractic Balance in Porirua NZ, please give us a call.
Prenatal Care at Chiropractic Balance
At Chiropractic Balance we can provide personalised care throughout your pregnancy as well as after. Regular consultations with our trained staff of chiropractors can help alleviate and even prevent common pains and problems associated with pregnancy. In doing this, we give you and your baby a better chance of a straightforward, safe birth.
Chiropractic During Pregnancy
Chiropractic care is just one of the many safe and effective treatments that can help prepare the mother’s body for the experience of pregnancy and childbirth. There are specialized adjustment methods designed to accommodate pregnancy and lessen the issues that come with it. Many of the women that choose to receive chiropractic care during their pregnancy report that it helped them use little to no pain medications throughout their delivery. There are also studies finding that receiving regular care can help reduce labor time.
Chiropractic Balance has the educated and trained staff to answer your questions. We are here to provide safe, controlled, and gentle care for you and your unborn child. Call today to take a step towards a pain-free and natural pregnancy.
- 75% of pregnant patients who received chiropractic care during their pregnancies stated that they found relief from pain. (1) (6)
- A review of statistics reported that primigravida women who seek chiropractic care throughout gestation have a 25% shorter labor time and multiparous women who seek chiropractic care throughout their pregnancy have a 31% shorter labor time. (2)(3)
- A breech presentation may be the result of intrauterine constraint. There is a specific chiropractic adjustment called the Webster Technique that has been reported by chiropractors who use it to correct potential musculoskeletal causes of intrauterine constraint. (4) The chiropractor’s role in the breech presentation is to balance the pelvis and corresponding muscles and ligaments to remove the constraint to the patient’s uterus to allow the fetus to assume the correct presenting position.(5)
- Continued chiropractic care after birth may also be beneficial in assisting the proper restoration of normal spinal biomechanics. (7)
(1) Shaw G. When to adjust: chiropractic and pregnancy. J Am Chiropr Assoc. 2003;40(11):8–16.
(2) J.M. Fallon. Textbook on chiropractic & pregnancy. Arlington, VA: International Chiropractic Association; 1994: 52, 109.
(3) Fallon J.M. Chiropractic and pregnancy: a partnership for the future. ICA Int Rev Chiropr. 1990;46(6):39–42.
(4) Pistolese R.A. The Webster Technique: a chiropractic technique with obstetric implications. J Manip Physiol Ther. 2002;25(6):e1–e9.
(5) Ohm J. Chiropractors and midwives: a look at the Webster Technique. Midwifery Today. 2001;58:42.
(6) Lisi A.J. Chiropractic spinal manipulation for low back pain of pregnancy: a retrospective case series. J Midwifery Women’s Health. 2006;51(1):e7–e10.
(7) Chalker H.M. Spinal compensation of pregnancy. Am Chiropr. 1993;15(3):23–26.
9:30am - 1:30pm
7:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:30pm
7:00am - 6:00pm
7:00am - 2:00pm
8:00am - 2:00pm