This week I have started to make a real effort into preparing and cooking meals that have less starch in them as I have come to notice I feel quite sluggish after eating too many starchy foods. For myself, I am trying to obtain more of a balanced diet throughout the week. I came across this recipe and thought I would give it a try. It was absolutely delicious and please let me know your thoughts after making and eating it!
Loaded Cauliflower Bake:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, separated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch cauliflower florets for 2 minutes. Drain cauliflower.
- In a medium pot, melt together butter, heavy cream, cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper until well-combined.
- In a baking dish, add cauliflower florets, cheese sauce, all but 1 tbsp. crumbled bacon, and all but 1 tbsp. green onions. Stir together.
- Top with remaining shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and green onions.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and golden and cauliflower is soft, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!